Dry Puncture is an excellent treatment and tool within Invasive Physiotherapy.
Dry Puncture has its main operational area in the myofascial trigger points (MTP). It consists on the introduction of different types of needles through the skin, without injecting or extracting any substances or fluids, using only the mechanical stimulus of the needle, and the effects that stimulus provokes in the patient aiming to treat different pathologies.
It is based on operating over the myofascial trigger points, this is to say, over small contractures caused by the dysfunctions of the motor plates, capable of generating the tension of the band of the muscular fibre they are in.
Clinically indicated for:
- Tendinopathies: tendinosis (tendinitis), etc.
- Epicondylitis or Tennis Elbow
- Backache (Cervicalgia, dorsalgia, lumbago)
- Impingement Syndrome
- Chronic knee pain
- Temporomandibular pain and disorder
- Contractures, muscular overcharges. Broken fibres.
- Treatment of the REFERRED PAIN
- Plantar fasciitis
- Lumbosciatalgia with muscular origin
- Scar treatment
- Cervical and lumbar radiculopathies
- Thoracic post surgery chronic pain
- Chronic pain for foot arthrodesis
- Migraines, tension and chronic headaches
- Myofascial shoulder pain