Due to the different dysfunctions that can be found in the Pelvic Floor area in women, men and children, with a Voiding, Ano-rectal, Sexual or Prolapse origins, an individual evaluation is made to each patient, and the quality of the different musculoskeletal and fascial structures of the abdominal-pelvic compartment (abdominal muscles and pelvic floor) the lumbar-pelvic stability and the static visceral, are evaluated.
The rehabilitation programme of the pelvic floor adapted to the physiotherapy diagnosis is elaborated:
- In home programme.
- Programme supervised in consultation.
Most frequent techniques:
- Exercises to become aware of the pelvic floor.
- Internal and external perineal massage.
- Breathing control.
- Aerobic exercise
- Abdominal hypo-pressing gymnastics, pelvic floor exercises, abdominal-pelvic exercises.
- Use of intravaginal gadgets, electro-stimulation and biofeedback.
- Myofascial manual techniques.
Mostly treated pathologies:
- Urinary incontinence of:
- Ante and post natal dysfunctions of pelvic floor
- Lumbar sciatic
- Lumbar-pelvic chronic pain
- Sexual dysfunctions