Manual lymphatic drainage focuses the activation of the lymphatic system in order to improve the elimination of the interstitial liquid and the big size molecules, and optimize their evacuation.
It consists on a series of manual very soft manoeuvres, always painless for the patient. They are performed to drain and move the lymph that due to a disorder is blocked, towards sane lymphatic areas and their normal evacuation through the venous flow.
The final aim is activating the flow of the lymph so that it does not get blocked or saturated with waste substances or harmful germs. The specific manipulations of the Manual Lymphatic Drainage aim at favouring the way of the lymph towards the lymph nodes.
- Haematoma, distensions, muscular strains
- Maxillofacial, Plastic, Vascular, Orthopaedic surgery
- Cellulite, varicose veins, tired legs.
- Fleboedemas, Vascular ulcers
- Eczemas, burns, scars
- Pregnancy and lymphostatic oedemas